Wednesday 4 September 2013

An Easy Whip Up - My pancake mix

Some mornings I just love the smell of pancakes wafting from the kitchen and mind you I can smell this from the bedroom because my husbands the one making them....lol. That's how easy it is to make. It can be done in minutes and especially when it's with my favourite jam....well it's our favourite jam now..lol, black currant jam or sometimes with blueberry sauce. I just thought of sharing it here. Now, I can't take the credit for the Homemade Instant pancake mix because it is a Nigella Lawson recipe :-) but I can take credit for the pancake recipe :-)
Cheers xx


Homemade Instant Pancake Mix
600g plain flour, sifted
50g baking powder
2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp salt
60g caster sugar
Mix altogether and store in a tight sealed jar or container until ready to use.
I usually double this mix and have it in my container for any time I wanna have pancakes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pancake Mix
Ingredients:
300g pancake mix
2 eggs
400ml milk
30g melted butter

Method:
Lightly whisk the pancake mix, egg, milk and then add in the melted butter and do a final whisk.
Cook the batter.
Serve it with jam or any sauce. I like to use blueberry sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment